About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Bar and Grill

I have had a couple questions regarding the proposed Bar and Grill and my vote against it. I would like to make a correction in the Isanti County News article. The proposed site is not the old Burger Top location. It is the property just east of Hurricane carwash. This puts it literally just across the road from a residential neighborhood. The old Burger Top would be an excellent location but it is not what is being proposed. I am working to soften the impact of this bar and grill with entrances and exits only on Main St. This should mitigate most of the traffic concerns. There will need to be a comprehensive landscaping plan to soften its visual and sound impact on the neighborhood. Without a site plan to understand the owners intent it makes it difficult to judge the compatibility with the surrounding businesses and residential neighborhood. I would like to see more options for our dining and entertainment dollars but not at the cost of an existing quiet residential neighborhood. I look forward to working these issues out when the site plan is presented to City Council for approval.

No comments: