About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Safe Place

Isanti's "A Safe Place" program is a wonderful example of community members taking the lead to help when and where we can. The program which is administered by the Isanti Police Department provides safe places, homes and businesses, that if children are afraid for their safety are able to seek help. Then the parents or police are called if there is trouble or the child is scared.

The host of A Safe Place must pass a back ground check and a training session. The homes and businesses participating will have a yellow laminated sign in there window stating they are "A Safe Place".

I am participating in this program as I believe it is incredibly important for our children to have a safe place in times of need. I would encourage you to contact the Isanti Police Department ---763-444-4761--- and check into this program and if able, to help out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For those of you that are turned off because of the "training session" that is involved, please know that it is a very short meeting -- maybe half an hour. SO worth providing safe places around the community for our children. Please consider it!! =)