About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

School Board Appointee

Just to clarify the new appointee to the Cambridge/Isanti School Board is not a resident of the City of Isanti, unless the individual moved quite recently from Bradford Township. There seems to be some confusion on this as it is being reported that the new appointee is from Isanti. Many township residents may have an Isanti zip code but do not reside in the City.

To date there are no City of Isanti residents on the 7 member Cambridge/Isanti School Board. It is a shame that we can not get at least one person from a City that host three schools and makes up a considerable amount of the school population represented on the School Board.

1 comment:

Dan Collison said...

Sorry, I tried! I agree that it would be to our advantage to have some one from the City of Isanti on the school board.