About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Channel 5 KSTP Isanti Crossing Guard Story

Here is the Link to the 5/23 intersection crossing guard story... If the School District had bothered to ask us at the City for help we would have helped publicized the job opening... We receive hundreds of applications a year for jobs and $12.12 it would get filled.... What a shame the District does partner with Isanti to solve these problems...

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2379516.shtml?cat=1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

George...great job backhanding one of largest employers of your city. You know how to win votes!!

George said...

So if you are a large employer you can do whatever you want? My job is not to garner votes but to serve the Citizens and Taxpayers

Anonymous said...

I think it is rather sickening that you blame the school district when this is occuring in YOUR city. This crosswalk is not on school grounds, not even close to it. How about you being the crossing guard, seeing how you are so interested in the safety of our children.

George said...

Perhaps you did not understand when I said we want to help but the school district never communicated with me or the City that they would not have a crossing guard.... This is completely a school issue since they have deemed it appropriate not to bus small children across a major county highway