About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

County Commissioner Larry Sutherland's DWI Arrest

I have received a lot of questions on this issue and here is the only statement I will be making:

Due to conflict of interest the City of Isanti will have another agency prosecute County Commissioner Larry Sutherland for his recent DWI arrest by a State Trooper. The County Attorney stated that the City was leading this prosecution in an Isanti County News story. This was not correct as we believe there to be a conflict of interest with the City prosecuting a sitting County Commissioner and the potential negative issues resulting from that. County Commissioner Larry Sutherland will be prosecuted by a prosecutor outside of Isanti County.

I thought this might be a good time to remind everyone also of the good work being done by Towards Zero Deaths ...

http://www.minnesotatzd.org/

1 comment:

Alan Duff said...

If the County Board censures a Commissioner for revealing public financial abuses, it will be interesting to see what kind of action they take for an inappropriate and dangerous action like this. Driving while intoxicated should not be tolerated.