About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Saturday, October 05, 2013

School Safety Bond Referendum

Do voters in the Cambridge/Isanti School District support the School Safety Bond Referendum that will cost less than $2 a month for the average homeowner? 


 Bond information link

http://www.cambridge.k12.mn.us/FINAL%20CI%20Referendum%20Brochure%208-22-13.pdf

1 comment:

Jeff Duncan said...

Personally, I cannot support the referendum. I went to an informational meeting, and it sounded like the $10 million was for safety and buildings improvements. When I asked questions like "how much of the $10 million is for safety, and how much is for buildings improvements?" there was no direct answer. Even in the information provided in the link, there is a list of planned improvements with no costs tied to them.


If this is really a "School Safety Bond" then how come there is fear to put numbers to the safety specific aspects of it?


How come the district requires a bond to replace old aging HVAC equipment? Did they not know it would eventually need to be replaced? How come there was no financial planning to take care of this. I have a hard time rewarding poor financial planning with a bond.