The City of Isanti is a shining beacon of success, as we emerge from the Great Recession. Our Nation suffered through the worst economic time since the Great Depression. Our State continues to pass unfunded mandates and adopt new regulations, which adversely affect the community; while our County has relinquished economic development responsibilities solely to the cities.
The City of Isanti has led the state in innovative economic development, recreational expansion, foreclosure management, and groundbreaking fiscal policy. As our Country and State are suffering under staggering increases in spending, the City of Isanti has the largest fund balances in its history, rapidly reducing debt, and spending less in 2014 than it did in 2006. We have faced the same issues as all other communities, but we planned well and worked efficiently.
It is with great pride that I am able to highlight our many successes, which include:
- Prepared budgets that consistently cut taxes and spending
- Developed Long-Term Financial Plan
- Developed Capital Improvement and Replacement Plan
- Created aResidential Handbook
- Cut costs and increased revenue at our Community Center
- Assisted dozens of new and relocated businesses
- Enhanced local job growth
- Constructed the water treatment plant
- Increased recreational opportunities
- Ensured that development is paying for itself
- Established a foreclosure management program that is named best in state
- Earned a Business Recruitment Award from the Minnesota Economic Development Association
- Established processes that provide transparency in City government
- Improved City credit rating to A+
- Decreased overall administrative costs to 30% lower than our statewide peer group of cities
- Cut the per capita debt from $2,500 to $485
- Lowered City taxes, so as to be 34% less than our peer group of cities
- Decreased City expenditures to 28% less than our peer group of cities
I guarantee you that my time, energy and resources are dedicated to our campaign of progress for the City of Isanti. We are building upon our economic success by developing our commercial districts along Heritage Boulevard, Main Street, and State Trunk Highway 65; expanding our industrial park capacity, and diversifying our tax base. We are guided by the principle of sustainable residential growth in which development will pay for itself. We will maintain strong fiscal discipline, while we continue to place citizen safety at the forefront of our actions. Visit www.georgewimmer.com to learn how to help Isanti move forward. United, we keep the promise of Isanti’s future.
I humbly ask for your support as Mayor of the great City of Isanti.