About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

August 8th Council Update

The new fee schedule was passed by a 3-2 vote. As predicted Council Members Johnson and Larson voted against. I have written so much on this topic I will simply conclude by saying with the passing of the new schedule, residential development comes much closer to paying for itself.

I was presented with a $500 check from the Rotary Club to help fund handicapped accessible picnic tables for Isanti parks. This was wonderful donation and I would like to thank the Rotary and Greg Owens of Community Pride Bank for presenting the check.

I read a portion of a letter from MnDot promising their support for the Pedestrian Bridge project. The commitment is at least $200,000. This helps dramatically reduce our local match from Park and Recreation dedication fees. The commitment is based upon the regional benefits of this project. There is still a lot of work to do on the project but I am committed to leaving Isanti with a completed trail system, including a pedestrian bridge.

The last item of note I want to mention is that the Council approved a moratorium on peddlers licenses. I asked for this because of the complaints I have received. I was further troubled when I was informed the City issues these licenses to anyone that applies. I felt the City should take greater responsibility to do some background checking before we license someone to go door to door selling products or services. I also wanted to have a system to track complaints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the moratorium on the peddler licsences, it seems that this is a popular way to scam people and there were way to many in our small town.