About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Tax Update

The preliminary levy amounts are in for each of the municipalities in Isanti County. I am proud to announce Isanti is the only City to lower its property tax rates.

Isanti faced a 21% reduction in our Local Government Aid and a dramatic drop off in developer/building fees due to the housing crash. The majority of the Council made the hard decisions and cut spending to reduce our taxes by 5%. It is not always about how much money you make but how much you spend.

I hope everyone takes notice of the different reactions to tough economic news. Isanti is working hard to increase our commercial tax base so we may continue to lower property taxes, create jobs and provide goods and services our residents need and want. As City government becomes more fiscally responsible trust will be garnered by our citizens and businesses alike.

In the third installment of Isanti's Fiscal Future I will detail how Isanti is saving tax dollars and improving services to our citizens.

No comments: