About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Council 12-18-07 Update

We picked up two more votes for the final Budget Tuesday to make it a 5-0. I was happy to see the Budget and Levy were both passed by 5-0 votes. The fiscal discipline in the budget will prepare us for the future. Next year will be a tougher process as the mortgage and foreclosure debacle continues and possibly worsens undercutting property tax and utility payments. Tuesday was a good night for the City but I have already started working on the 2009 budget process because our decisions will be even tougher.

Did anyone notice the only local city, county or school district that did not get big spreads about taxes was Isanti? Perhaps that is because Isanti was the only one in the region to actually cut taxes. We are now officially at a 59.91% levy rate.

The Council voted 3-2 to move forward with the liquor store expansion process, Duff and I voted against. I voted against for all the reasons I have stated so many times before.

I will be posting my Isantian article here in a few days along with my 2008 priorities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The liqour store is disappointing! I wished I could've attended the meeting to voice some opposition, but they are hard to make with a family now!

Were any residents there to voice their opinions?

George said...

There are very few people ever in attendance. There was no public input on this topic.

George said...

There are very few people ever in attendance. There was no public input on this topic.