About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Commissioner Pagel not to seek Re-election

Third District, City of Isanti and Bradford Township, Commissioner Tom Pagel will not seek re-election... http://isanticountynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2621&Itemid=1

I have grown to appreciate Commissioner Pagel's abilities and skills as I have worked with him on City issues. I was unaware he was not seeking re-election and his experience and expertise will be missed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mayor Wimmer, I would like to see you run for Pagel's commissioner seat. What you're doing for the city of Isanti would really benefit the county as a whole. I strongly encourage you to consider throwing your hat in the ring. I can't think of anyone else who could do the job that would be as trustworthy or hard-working as you are.

Anonymous said...

I do not want George to go anywhere. I dread to think what would happen if he leaves.

Anonymous said...

Mayor Wimmer needs to stay right where he is. He is our Mayor and leader. I know he would be great anywhere but we still him here. Isanti can not fall back to the good ole boys club or to someone who does not know what they are doing.

Maybe in a few years Bobby but not now.

Anonymous said...

George would still be representing us if he was our commissioner. He is a great Mayor and would be the same as commissioner.

Anonymous said...

george stays and that is that. 2 years is way to short as mayor. a few more and then he can move on.

Anonymous said...

George would make a great commissioner! Come on George!

Anonymous said...

George has been a tremendous asset as Mayor for Isanti, but I would think that where he wants to serve the public is his and his family's decision.

Anonymous said...

Do we even know if he would run for mayor again let alone commissioner???

Anonymous said...

Pagel's seat serves not only Bradford township, but the entire city of Isanti as a whole. George would be the perfect man for this position!

Anonymous said...

George is the only choice for mayor or commisioner. Who could stand up against the good ole boys in the county and who stands against them in the city.

He knows how to work with federal and state officials. We never had a Congressman here publicly supporting us. He volunteers and helps raise money for good causes. Heck he jumps into froozen water so either he cares or is crazy.

You had better hope he still wants to serve at all.

Anonymous said...

Betty is absolutely right! George Wimmer for Isanti County Commissioner!!!