About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Commissioner District by Population

We have had a lot of discussion lately on the County Comprehensive Plan and who do the Commissioners represent. I am not going to weigh in on Commissioner motives but I thought it might be interesting to post the populations by district. It is commonly believed that District 4 (Commissioner Daudt) is the only district without a City. That argument can still be made but actually St Francis has grown into Athens Township. The population numbers I am using are from the State Demographer:



1st District - Commissioner Larson - 7300 - 19%
2nd District- Commissioner Sutherland - 7901 - 20%
3rd District- Commissioner Duff - 9188 - 24%
4th District - Commissioner Daudt - 6299 - 16%
5th District - Commissioner Morris - 8193 - 21%
**
This will be a discussion point when redistricting happens after the 2010 census.

No comments: