About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

A few quick things

I have been swamped lately but wanted to get a few things out before the even busier weekend. The Council meeting went well and we awarded the first Neighborhood Stabilization Program funds. Another foreclosed house gets off the market and starts paying taxes and everyone else's house value gets protected.

We changed our official newspaper to the County News since the Star only reaches about 25% of the total houses and the News is delivered to every home. The News cost more but we sided on the belief it is important to reach all of our residents.

The pig roast and parade today was great. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend of fun and stays safe.

No comments: