About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Churchill's Wisdom

Throughout a campaign there are good days and bad and sometimes the grind can wear on a person. Things like every morning waking up to some intellectuality lazy person try to post "Wimmer is a F%$&ing Idiot" on this blog as an example. The rumor mongers also seem to get extra energy for their lie spinning in October - my personal favorite of late is that I want to sell the City liquor store so I can buy it - crazy lie but entertaining at least.

Sometimes I let this nonsense get to me which then causes my family great stress. Sir Winston Churchill has a great quote I often use - "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give". Service is incredibly important to me and my family. This will not ever change and as the nonsense grows so does my resolve to win this election and to fight everyday for the City of Isanti. 


Now on to the great news of the last week. We sent out over 1600 post cards and the response has been wonderful. Over 100 emails, text and phone calls supporting our campaign. Blog and website hits have shot through the roof. Our message of "Realistic Optimism" as Churchill put it is resonating with the voters. Isantians know we have an incredibly difficult time ahead of us with tough choices to make but are optimistic that together we will triumph over the Great Recession. 


We have 3 more weeks to get the message out and each week will see another layer of that message being shared with the Citizens and Taxpayers of Isanti. I want to thank everyone for their tremendous support. To help in the last 3 weeks call or text me at 763-442-8749 or email me at george@georgewimmer.com 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will always be our Mayor!!!

Michelle said...

I sent you an email asking how I can help. There are to many problems to not have you in office.