About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, November 01, 2010

Why do Party Hacks get Involved

I have been pretty amazed that a Republican operative/ TV personality, Ben Golnik,  has become so interested in some nice words I said about our Senator Olseen. As Mayor I felt it was important to thank Senator Olseen for all his hard work and quick responses to City isuues. Mr. Golnik has made it his mission on Twitter to annoy me so much I felt it necessary to post about it. All the more curious since I am a fiscal conservative with years of accomplishments to back it up. Sometimes these guys need to be careful not to cause more issues than they hope to solve.

Regardless if you are Republican, DFL or Independent it is all kinds of ridiculous to have party hacks get involved in our elections. Either Olseen or Nienow will win this election and either one will do their best for our District.

I am just thankful that the Mayor of Isanti position is a non-partisan office so I do not have to deal with party politics and can focus entirely on doing what is best for our Great City.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you for complimenting a State Senator who represents our District. The party system is a joke, especially here in Isanti.

Anonymous said...

You know better than to endorse somebody from either party. There are some people who will not vote for someone just because they have a D or R behind their name. You say you like no party affiliation,then you should live it! Rick Olseen is a train wreck and you just bought a ticket to be on that train.

George said...

I did not endorse Senator Olseen. I simply paid the man a compliment for working so hard for the City of Isanti. Only in the realm of politics does being nice to someone come back to bite you.

Senator Olseen has worked hard for the City of Isanti and even though my own views and his are very different on many topics as mayor I believe it was right to thank our Senator for helping all of us regardless of a DFL, REpublican or Independent designation.