About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Isanti Chamber Call to Action - Comedy or Tragedy

Ok I have a copy of the Isanti Chambers "Call to Action".... the Chamber has picked to mobilize because The Ambassador program feels slighted... I had asked the Isanti Ambassadors to attend the retirement of long term City Clerk... They had asked me to fill out a form to request their presence... I said seriously... and I forgot the whole thing... a side note is I was the only one to even think of inviting the Ambassadors to the event in the first place... it never even occurred to anyone else... Apparently I hurt their feelings because the Isanti Area Chamber of Commerce has issued a "Call to Action" against me.... they are mobilizing their members to attend the City Council meeting...

The Chamber did not issue a call to action when water and sewer rates were increased which actually affects their businesses... they did call to action with ideas to help the business community... they do not attend Council or Economic Development meetings... but for a chance to complain about me there is a "Call to Action" ... I do not know whether to laugh or cry...

8 comments:

A Surrogate Mom said...

I don't feel the Call to Action was quite necessary. Is it public knowledge that if you invite the Isanti Ambassadors to anything, that you must complete a form? Considering we are a small town, it just seems that a lot of things are public notice and word of mouth invites. While the retirement of this long term employee is a big event, you made a nice gesture to them to attend, as you would any of us. You do a lot for our City whether we agree with you or not, so I find this a bit extreme of an action. They must not have discussed this with you before hand as you are shocked to hear this. Just my opinion...this could have been handled better and this Call to Action should have been their last resort. I hope your day gets better!

Mitch said...

What the heck is going on??? The ambassodors are called to do what ever is asked of them for public appearances!! If they are asked to go to a retirement they better be there pronto. They are to represent the city. What do they not understand about that statement?

Anonymous said...

Mitch your comment in idiodic. Teen age girls that already have over 100 appearences a year and get no support from the mayor are suppose to jump at the drop of a pin?! Instead of making stupid comments you should do some research 1st.

Jenny said...

Why are the Ambassadors the Mayor's responsibility? I thought they are a Chamber group. I have seen the Mayor at 3 or 4 coronations and I have seen pictures of them jumping with him at the Arctic Plunge.

I am also confused by your statement that these girls are already at a 100 events. So are they to busy to support the City?

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me!!! Mayor Wimmer has praised the Ambassadors many times at coronation!!! No matter what he does all some people do in this town is bitch!!!

George said...

Anonymous quoted an email that was sent to only a couple staff. Thank you ... I can track the source very easy now ...

Mitch said...

To the person that thinks I'm an idiot. I see the ambassadors almost weekly in the paper doing their best to represent the city. Don't tell me to do my research. The ambassadors knew what they were getting into before they were awarded their title. Don't be so petty!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the city of Lonsdale filled out the form requesting them to post pictures on the Isanti ambassador facebook page of our current ambassador being locked in the trunk of a car? What kind of representation or example of Isanti is this? I fail to see the humor in this. What good role models to show small children how to lock themselves in the trunk of a car.