About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Decision Time

Serving our community is a great honor and responsibility. It has been a difficult decision trying to find the best way to continue to serve Isanti. An open seat has come up on the Isanti County Board due to redistricting. These chances do not come along very often and offer a chance to serve our greater Isanti community. 

3 factors went into my final decision. Where can I be most effective? What position do I feel most passionate about? What does my family believe is the right decision. After going through this process the answer for each question was the same ~ continuing to serve our community as Mayor of the great City of Isanti. At this time I will not be running for County Commissioner. I will continue to press for transparency, fiscal responsibility and economic growth at the County level. 

 

No comments: