About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Declining Media Interview Request

I have declined on camera interview requests because the press release states all the information we can at this time disclose. We suffered a tragic event today that shattered a gorgeous day. I was at a soccer game in town when I heard the news. My 10 year old son and 7 year old daughter at dinner tonight were asking how this could happen ... what makes a person want to shoot someone like this. I wish I had a magic answer that made sense of it all but I don't. We did have a great discuss about how single moments can have lifelong consequences.

I know I am hugging them tighter tonight and cherishing my family and friends even more.  I do know there is no good that will come from appearing on the news tonight. No, tonight is for counting our blessings as we are focused on this tragedy and thanking the brave police and emergency personnel that acted so quickly. Our prayers are with all involved. I hope we can show a little more patience on the road, myself included.


No comments: