About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Main Street Closings

Two long term fixtures of Main Street are closing their doors. Mr. Pete's will be closing soon and Isanti Drug announced today that they will be closing their doors March 1st. I am personally sadden by these changes and the loss of services for our residents.

A positive is that a new book store will be opening in place of Mr. Pete's and I wish them well. As we get closer to their grand opening I will update you again.

With these losses and many others along Main Street, we are given even greater urgency to create a Main Street Strategic Plan. We must dedicate ourselves to succeeding in these difficult times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Mr. Pete's but my family does use Isanti Drug for all of our pharmacy needs. Do you know why the store is closing? Its very sad to see that family run business close down.