About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Working Together

I have been working on ways to improve the communication lines between Isanti County, surrounding townships and our City. As a first step in this process I sent a letter inviting each County Commissioner, County Planning Commission Chair and the Townships of Isanti and Athens to participate in the City of Isanti's Comprehensive Plan process. I have met with a few of the County Commisioners and hope to meet with all five. I am also looking forward to meeting with township leaders as we map out our future.

We are all part of the same community. As the municipalities grow and put pressure on the individual townships we need to have a plan that allows for proper growth but also protects the interest of our neighbors. The only way to succeed is through intergovernmental cooperation.

The issues of the past must be left in the past. I pledge to always be open to the comments and concerns of my friends and neighbors no matter what side of the City line they live on. We are on the verge of an exciting new era. The decisions we make today will last for generations to come. Lets us work together to create an Isanti County that has Cities and Townships that work together and live in harmony.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again going over the cities website, your website, newsletters,I still fail to see any "real" information that actually involves citizens, except those with the best yards to get money for it..? another city employee to tell us how it's going to be. It doesn't matter anymore if there are 2 people or 222 at any open city council meetings. I do hope before anyone buys trees or shrubs this year, they noticed the notice on what we can/can't have. The "so-called" Ghetto part of town not only get sick from city water, the transformer, now it's the new cell phone tower, since rent is paid on these towers how about putting it on a property where $$ is needed?

George said...

I am not sure what you mean....there are many reforms that currently being worked on and many more that will be worked on. The updated landscaping ordinance makes it much easier to understand and takes confusion out of the process. No idea what you are saying about the cell tower....it is going on the water tower....it has to go on a tall structure...