About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Oberstar Visit Update

Our visit with Congressman Oberstar was a great success. We first met with a prospective bio-diesel company I have been working to locate in Isanti. The company has cutting edge technology and the Congressman brought his years of experience and technical knowledge to the table. The company representatives told me he asked the best questions they have heard so far.

We then met to discuss the proposed pedestrian bridge. I gave a brief presentation then answered a number of questions from the Congressman. He stated his support and the need for the project then asked to visit the site.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable and educational experience.

No comments: