About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Comp Plan

The City Comprehensive Plan passed 6-0 in the Planning Commission. There were only a few technical issues raised and these were addressed. The Planning Commission held the public hearing and made their recommendation to the City Council. This is the process proscribed by state statute. I was a bit surprised that there was only one person that made public comment considering the comprehensive plan will guide City development for the next decade.

The Council will take it up on the 20th and make the final decision. It should be clear though that the public hearing was at the Planning Commission. The Council does not hold a second public hearing. The council will sift through the Comprehensive Plan and vote to either approve, table or deny.

No comments: