About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Water Rates

Here are the current water rates:

City--------------7000 gallons-----14,000 gallons

St Francis------$28.50-------------$46.00

Cambridge-----$29.79-------------$50.93

Current Isanti-$21.62-------------$40.24

Proposed ------$31.96-------------$51.14

I want to be upfront about the possible rates. The longer we wait the higher the construction cost. The outcome will be a water treatment plant that will remove iron, manganese and radium. The water quality will improve dramatically. The water will be safe to drink. This is a fundamental turning point for our City. The rate increase is roughly 35 cents a day to get rid of the cancer causing radium.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's do it! I pay more than $10 a month on a purifier and bottled water. It saves me money!