About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Local Races

The County News has the list so far of local offices up for election and the people who have filed.

http://isanticountynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8302&Itemid=1

Some of the highlights are:

Isanti Mayor - Yep I have a challenger... and Yes I will be fighting against those that want to go back to the days of a city with higher taxes, higher debt, developer lead city, high operation cost, no transparency, and inept business development etc...

Isanti City Council only has the two incumbents of Ross Lorinser and  Sue Larson running... no one has filed to challenge either...

Isanti County Board District 1 George Larson and District 5 Sue Morris have had no challengers yet...

Isanti County Attorney again has no challenger but the County Sheriff has 3 people running  Monson, Kranz and Thomton...

There is a rematch of Olseen and Nienow for State Senate and Jim Godfry against Kurt Daudt for Rep seat 17a

There are still 6 days left file......

1 comment:

Dan Collison said...

Todd Hanson is also running for Sherriff.