About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, July 23, 2010

I want to Stand on my Chair and Yell

Going through the numbers for the sewer and water fund that were tied to the city's debt load and east 65 expansion. The way this was funded by the City and not the developer has hurt Isanti terribly. I voted against this and was also against the city's use of eminent domain to steal land for the use of the development.

I just want to stand on my chair and scream sometimes when I have to fix the problems I warned everyone about. The people that made these horrific decisions are gone but the legacy of destruction will haunt Isanti for years to come. I will have to shoulder the responsibility and blame for fixing these ills. I will be writing more about this as time goes on. My summer and fall will be used up dealing with these issues and very little for campaigning. I have no other choice but to fix Isanti even if I am left behind in the aftermath.

We need to be very clear ****** Isanti can not afford any more crazy spending******* We have a $500,000 hole from non-paid taxes and assessments plus the loss of roughly $500,000 in LGA over the past few budget years. Our total general fund budget is $3,300,000. We are faced with this 30% loss of revenue for 2011. Add the shrinking property tax valuations, terrible financial decisions of past Councils, non-paid taxes/assessments and the State failing to pay us the money owed and you will understand my great frustration with those that promise to spend even more money on fun toys.....

No comments: