About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Main Street Rail Crossing Mess

The City was informed that the Main Street Rail crossing will not be fixed till fall. The BNSF had originally planned to have it done this week but then called the City and said they wanted to do it a week earlier before anyone could be notified or the other subcontractors could be in place. BNSF is extremely difficult to work with and had it been my decision I would have gotten it done when it was offered because unfortunately the city has zero leverage with such a large entity as the railroad. The decision was made by staff and I understand the reasoning but we now still have a terrible rail crossing and I have very little faith we will get this issue resolved in a timely fashion.

***** just got an update that it should happen in September with a 1 days notice. This means that at any point in September we will be notified it will happen the next day******

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well thank goodness - my truck can't take it anymore!!!