About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Interesting Approach to LGA by Minneapolis and St. Paul

The story discusses Minneapolis and St. Paul's approach to LGA - they state and budget for the full amount even when everyone knows no city will get anywhere near the full amount. Responsibly budgets such as ours in Isanti has to reflect the ever dwindling amount of state dollars we are suppose to get. We have to pay our taxes to the state but when the state over spends we at the city level are forgotten. The LGA flip I designed and implemented with Council approval has given the City financial stability in these terrible economic times.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/local/102741954.html?elr=KArks:DCiUnP::DE8c7PiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

No comments: