About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Interesting Cambridge Isanti Comparison

Industrial/Commercial development has to be done right...... even with the commercial development in Cambridge their Property Tax Rate is over 15% higher than Isanti's rate. When I was elected Cambridge's Property Tax Rate was lower than Isanti.... the past few years they have steadily increased their taxes as we have lowered.... just an interesting fact to ponder....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The services are 100% worth the 15% higher tax. Somethings you "politicians" don't understand is that SOME people would prefer a higher tax so long as additional services came with it.

George said...

What services are you talking about.... What does Cambridge have in City services that Isanti does not?