About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

County Board Meetings

After asking why the County Board does not record and post their meetings they have put it on their agenda for tomorrow. We have been placing our City Council meetings online since I have been Mayor. Transparency is key to a thriving democracy. I hope they actually do it and do it soon so we may all know what happens in their Board and Committee of the Whole meetings. Anytime the whole County Board meets those meetings should be recorded and made available online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

George,you are a little bit over the top when it comes to the county commisioners. Me thinks thou dost protest too much! If I were a betting person, I would say you are thinking very much about joining that very commision. Becareful what you wish for!

George said...

Actually the recording of meetings was first brought up by Commissioner Duff 4 years ago... He has been paying out of his own picket all these years to have the audio recorded and hosted on his website because the Board has refused to do so until now.

I have been writing about the County Board and School Board and the lack of Isanti representation on either board ..... Also redistricting is receiving zero coverage ..... These are just a few of the topics we will be covering this year