About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mike Streiff's 5 Principles for Council Candidacy


I wanted to take the time to lay out what my principals as an Isanti City Council Member are today and will continue to be if I’m privileged to continue serving this office in 2013.

 

5 Main Principles My Candidacy for Isanti City Council is based upon:

1).  Affordable taxes for all residents and businesses in the City of Isanti.
~ As council member I would continue to strictly manage the bottom line and ensure adequate long range planning and budgeting for the city.  No new taxes, bottom line!

2).  A strong voice for all in local government policies and procedures ~ In voting for policies and procedures as an Isanti Council Member, I would solicit input and ideas from all.  I will only vote for changes that make good sense, are for the benefit of all the people within Isanti, and provide a clear long -term benefit to the city.

3).  Reduced government bureaucracy.  ~ I firmly believe in government policies and procedures that make sense and actually work.  Local government policies should not be a constraint to running a profitable business or maintaining a positive household budget.

4).  A strong local police and fire department  ~ I believe a key part of Isanti being a great place to live, work, and raise a family is the superb police and fire protection that is provided.  I will only support policies and procedures that will keep Isanti safe 24/7.

5).  Ethical decision-making and strong steward of Isanti.  ~ My youth was spent on my father’s farm, thus I developed a strong sense of right and wrong.  As an Isanti Council Member, I will carry a strong ethical approach to all that I am involved in.  I will also work as a good steward of the city in attracting additional businesses and residents to this great city.  My background in finance/banking and as a husband and father to 6 children being raised in Isanti will go a long way in my ability to promote the City of Isanti.

Thank you for the continued support!

-Mike

No comments: