About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, December 02, 2005

December 6th Council Meeting

The Isanti City Council will be discussing the proposed Fire District and CITAC’s request for Council support asking the County to establish a Transportation Planning Entity.

I have detailed my position on the Fire District and will continue this discussion at Council. I direct you to my Fire District Blog entry.

The request of support for CITAC (Cambridge Isanti Transportation Action Council) is another issue. CITAC was created to encourage cooperation throughtout Isanti County. I believe this could very well be a good idea. The problem is that this did not come before the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission is the appropriate body to review and then recommend action to the Council. I do not want to see the City of Isanti give away more of its Authority. The Planning Commission is charged with making recommendations for the “planning” of Isanti. I will be asking why this did not go through the proper channels. This issue came before the Council in a “Last Minute” fashion once before. The Planning Commission and the full City Council should be given an appropriate amount of time to investigate this group's recommendations and their impact on the City of Isanti. We can not continue to take global actions in a snap decision manner.

The last item I want to discuss is the Central Business District. This is the Main Street area Revitalization Project. I am excited to be a part of this process. This Project will provide some of the tools to rebuild a thriving Main Street Business District. I will continue to focus attention and resources to revitalize this important Isanti Business Community.

I as always encourage everyone possible to attend City Council.

No comments: