About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

School Speed Zones

The Council tabled action on the request for 20 m/h speed zones on County 5. We all seemed to agree to have the zones but wanted cleaner language and more information from the school on when the speed zones would be enforced. I also want to know the hours covered. This is important to train our police force and educated our citizens.

Many school days can run from early morning until late at night with school activities. We also have School for all Seasons. Many residents are not aware of a the year round classes. Another topic of concern is the new school east of highway 65. We wanted to have an all inclusive answer to the school zones. We will discuss this at the next Council meeting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the spped under control with all the traffic

Anonymous said...

Let's get the speed under control on BOTH County Road 5 and Whiskey Road! Thank you!

George said...

We are going threw the hurdles to get the speed zones extended on 65. I hope this occurs quickly myself. These are both county roads so we have to get County permission as well.