About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

City Council February 7th Meeting.

The Isanti City Council voted to install stop signs at County 23 and 5. These signs will have no bearing on the traffic lights scheduled to be installed after the end of this school year. We also voted to ask the County to do a speed study on Highway 23 on Isanti's southern border. This is done to move the speed zone south as the City continues to expand in this direction.

Brian Iverson had his assistant read his letter of resignation to the Council. I am glad we can now move on from this situation. I have been calling for his removal from the EDA since last August. The City can now select an individual that will not have the conflict of interest issues that surrounded MR. Iverson. My reasons are posted here: http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2005/08/august-3rd-council-update.html.

Federated Co-op laid out their vision of the remodeling of their facility on County highway 5. I am extremely excited by this project. This is the first business to take advantage of the Central Business District (CBD) Revitalization program. Isanti is on the verge of a tremendous reemergence of Isanti’s CBD.

The Council set March 8th for the Public Hearing regarding the City fee increases. Many of these fees will have dramatic increases. IF want to be heard make it to this meeting.

No comments: