About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Isanti County Environmental Coalition

I have asked the Isanti County Environmental Coalition, ICEC, to speak at the March 14th Planning Commission meeting. They will be presenting information on the importance of incorporating environmental impacts into our Comprehensive Plan. This information will help us to be good stewards of our City and environment. I believe it is important to learn as much as we can from all sources. The information that the ICEC presents will be integral in making sure Isanti does its part preserving our environment.

We have a duty ensure proper land use. This also has the added benefit of maintaining higher home values. Trails with nature viewing would be an added benefit for home owners. This may not seem like a need today but in 50 years this whole area will look just like Coon Rapids.

Lets keep Isanti unique and special. We must incorporate green space and wildlife corridors in our planning to ensure that Isanti’s natural beauty will be seen for generations to come.

No comments: