About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Scuttle Butt

I do not know whether to laugh or cry at the ridiculous scuttle butt that is flowing through town on the election history information I posted.

I asked for this information which is public and is maintained by the City Clerk's Office. This is information that anyone off the street could ask for. It is the exact same as the City's Police Report.

This is all information that is public and should be shared with all, not kept for just a few to know. I believe this so firmly that I have people on my e-mailing list I know that do not support me but have asked for updates. City information is not to be kept locked away for only a privileged few to read.

The most important goal I am trying to reach for all Isanti Citizens is fair and transparent government. This can only happen if all Citizens have an equal voice and equal ability to access City information.

I have my best conversations and debates with people I know will never vote for me. If you question my motives, ask me. As I tell everyone I had 6 older brothers....There is nothing that anyone can do to me that is worse than what they did to me. I do not take criticism personally. If we all agreed there would be no need for government.

Open communication is why I do the blog and publish public information. The same election history I received was sent to each Council member and Mayor along with other City staff at the exact same time per city policy.

I hope to receive all comments from supporters and detractors alike.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the idiots that waste their time attacking just want to keep the city to themselves. you are the new guy cleaning up the city...do not let them get you down. keep fighting for us. if you were not here no one else would care.

Anonymous said...

George,

If you were not pushing the city we would never be trying to fix the city. I never knew half of what I know now about Isanti. Keep sharing and keep pushing. You are going to win in a land slide. The good-ole-boys will all be crying in their beers.

Anonymous said...

if you are upsetting people you must be doing something right.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Thank God you live here. You are independent and hard working. My whole neighborhood is going to vote for you. They just do not get it. Everytime a group attacks you it only brings you more supporters.

Brian said...

How can you progress if you do not know your history. It is a piece of fact, how can distributing fact cause harm? The more information you have, the more of an informed decision you can make.

Please, keep giving us this information, it will help us all.

Anonymous said...

This is why you should be Mayor, end of discussion.

Anonymous said...

When will they get it that change is here to stay. You are making a difference in what we all expect. Keep fighting for us and you have my vote anytime anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Do these people not know you won by almost 20% in 2004. You are going to win by even more this time!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey as one of your older brothers, I take that comment...... with great pride! That is why you can put up the good fight. Your city should be proud to have you! Remember "Illegitimi non carborundum" Call me if you need a translation.