About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Watering Ban Ordered by City Administrator

This is the Water Ban Notice. Thought people would like to read it.


NOTICE

RESTRICTIVE WATERING BAN IN FORCE

To Residents of the City of Isanti:

The City is currently pumping water 24 hours a day to maintain the water supply in the city system. To ensure there are sufficient amounts of water to allow for normal usage and emergencies (i.e. fire) the following restrictions have been put in place:

Effective immediately, City Ordinance No. 144 shall be enforced as follows:

All property with address that ends with an odd number (i.e. 113) may sprinkle on odd numbered (i.e. 13) days, and all property with address that ends with an even number (i.e. 110) may sprinkle on even numbered (i.e.10) days.


THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL PROPERTY OWNERS:

TOTAL BAN OF SPRINKING FROM 12:00 NOON TO 6:00 P.M.
ONLY ODD / EVEN SPRINKLING ALLOWED

THIS WATERING RESTRICTION WILL BE ENFORCED.
VIOLATORS SHALL BE FINED.


If efforts taken to reduce the amount of water being used are not successful, further restrictions in lawn sprinkling may be imposed. If you have any questions, please contact City Hall at 763-444-5512.

Properties with new lawns of less than six weeks old may be exempt from the odd/even sprinkling restriction. Please call City Hall to request the exemption.


By Order of the City Administrator

Dated: July 13, 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to ask the question....is the money raised by the Rodeo association worth the chaos and voilence that occurs during Rodeo weekend? In 2004 there were 17 felony arrests tied to the Rodeo and 100% of those arrests were alcohol related. How do I know this? I saw the future of one of my family members jepordized by the actions of a group of drunks wearing arm bands from the Rodeo. Once the incident was over, local law enforcement admitted to the large increase in arrests. Friday night in 2006, my daughter witnessed the brutal beating of one of her friends while the large contingent of law enforcement turned their backs on the violence. Once the man was unconscious on the ground police intervened, a little to late. The young man was transported on a stretcher by ambulance and received in excess of 20 stitches on his face. All involved were drunk and wearing armbands. One person was arrested, the others went free. The Rodeo committee claims no underage drinking, why then do I see kids that I know are not 21 drinking beer at the Rodeo perfomance? And by the way, as I respond to this blog there are 50 young adults at my daughters house who decided NOT to attend the second Rodeo performance because they don't feel safe after the incident last night. It wouldn't be that tragic if this was an isolated incidence but it is not. It has become the norm at this event ever since the city authorized the sale of alcohol by the Rodeo committee. It is time for some accountability so that we can once again with pride promote the Rodeo as a safe family experience. I am one of the citizens who has had enough and expect our city council to evaluate and act. That means you George.

George said...

I would be more than happy to talk with you about this. The only incidents I have been told about are two underage drinking in the last 3 years.

The Isanti police are working more closely this year with the Rodeo Association to prevent any issues from arising.

Alcohol in any setting can cause problems if it is not properly supervised.

Did you mean Friday night of 2005 or do you mean last night. If you would be willing to e-mail me at george.wimmer@genesiswireless.us we can meet and discuss this. I hope you do step forward and talk with me. I promise it will be completely confidential.