About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Primaries needed.

I hope everyone went out and voted in the primary today. Isanti City races do not have primaries. I will be asking that we make the change to allow primaries for local races. We have 7 Citizens in the Council race for two seats.

If you look at the results when I ran in 2004 with only 4 people running, I received almost 20% more than my closest rival but yet only received 29.96% of the total vote.

-----------------------------------Votes--- Vote %

GEORGE ALLEN WIMMER***** 631----- 29.96%

GUY WILLIAM NEDRY ********442 -----20.99%

RALPH GENE JOHNSON *******527 -----25.02%

DAVID LESTER PETERSON ****482------ 22.89%

WRITE-IN** ******************24 -------1.14%
A candidate could win with only 15% of the vote. I hope everyone will agree that we need to be able to hold a primary for City Elections if needed.

No comments: