About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Interesting Demographic Data

We received some demographic data from the State Demographer. I took the raw data and took out Isanti County's data and then made a few graphs to illustrate some of the trends. Interesting data that shows Isanti will overtake Cambridge in total population by 2025. Another interesting fact is the cities will go from 37% to 44% of the total County population by 2035.

These are of course trends and many variables may change. As cities grow and add more land from a township that could increase that city's population trend and lower that specific township's population trend. We also have St Francis's purchase of land in Athen's township for municipal utilities. An Anoka County city growing into Isanti County could also change the dynamic of future growth.

No comments: