About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

October 2nd Council Update

The Council received input from the residents of Palomino Acres neighborhood. The consensus was to explore the rain gadens option. We are going to put together a presentation of what this would entail and then present this information to the residents in November. I was happy my idea of rain gardens is at least being explored. I can not say that rain gardens are the right answer but they are a lower cost option that will save trees, replenish our water table and save our city taxpayers money.

The Council did approve moving forward with the street improvemnent project along the rail line and Elizabeth without sidewalks. This project will improve the sanitary sewer system by increasing capacity and replacing the old clay sewers.

The Council approved both the water/sewer rate study and the 429/special assessment policy reform. Both of these items will put Isanti on a better finacial footing and save the tax payers money.

The Police Lietenant position was approved and is being posted at the police department before it goes out to the public in general. I am happy we can finally move forward with adding a needed police officer. This improvement will help structurally as well as adding more police time on the streets.

The last item of nuisance abatement was moved forward. The city is working to adopt administrative tickets that can be issued and acted on quickly to speed up the process. It has been painfully slow but I am dedicated to make this a fair, transparent and qucik process.

“Justice delayed is justiced denied”
---William E. Gladstone

No comments: