About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 16th Council Update

I had the great privilege tonight to honor our Senior Dining and Meals on Wheels program. The Central Minnesota Council on Aging, Catholic Charities, Glenda Reynolds and all the volunteers should be recognized as providing a vital service to the City of Isanti.

I invited the Minnesota Owls to tonight's council meeting so the Council could officially welcome them to our great community. I will be dropping the first puck at Saturday's home opener - I told the Owls that I threw out the first pitch for the Redbirds and they went deep into the playoffs so I have high expectations. Having the Owls and their 24 home games plus playoff games will add tremendously to our City. The Owls will be working with our youth hockey league. I am excited to have the Owls in Isanti. Check out their website - http://www.minnesotaowls.com/


We finished a few items the Council has been working on for some time. The Council approved $309,050.75 to correct deficiencies in Iverson's developments. This work is to be completed this fall to bring the projects into compliance with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and City requirements. 

The Council agreed to an agreement regarding the Bike/Walk Trail between Isanti and Cambridge. The agreement covers design, construction and maintenance of the trail. The Council confirmed my appointment to represent the City of Isanti on a joint Advisory Committee that will oversee the project and future trail operation. The trail is scheduled to be completed in 2009.

The Council approved a design change in the Water Treatment Plant that will save the City approximately $85,000 per year in operation cost. The Water Treatment Plant is scheduled to be pumping treated water by the fall of 2009. 




No comments: