About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yes more sign issues

Hillock Ct Wimmer signs were knocked down and knocked down for the last few days then finally today several thrown out in the street.

This has been a pattern followed throughout the City over several neighborhoods. It is sad to think this is how kids fill their time late at night or sad to think it is politically motivated. 

Someone even tried to light one of my signs on fire. This is of course incredibly stupid and dangerous. The person responsible is not only destroying Wimmer for Mayor property but putting families at risk.

We have 40 days left and this nonsense, I am sure, will intensify as the election gets closer. If this damage is being done by kids then Isanti needs to strictly enforce our curfew ordinance since many of these actions are taking place well past midnight.  

If it is political opposition then try making the argument against all the progress we have made. Or better yet try making an argument as to why my opponent should be elected and become Mayor. I frankly would like to hear one as I have yet to hear why my opponent wants to become Mayor. 

1 comment:

Dan Collison said...

I had a sign in our yard that read "slow, children at play" that I recieved from the Police Dept. and somebody stole that one but didn't touch any of the political signs.