About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

August 5th Budget/Council Update

We discussed several more departments at the Budget Work Session. The only point of some discussion was on whether or not we should have a police bike patrol for better Community Policing. I strongly support and have been pushing for police bike patrol the last few years using the current police resources. I will continue to fight for a bike patrol and try to change minds on this issue.

We also discussed the roughly $600,000 of assessments that may not get collected do to non-payment. These would eventually get paid but again it might be a cost the City has to carry for several years.

We are moving forward with a budget that cuts spending another 3% as we did last year and zero increase in taxes.

I want to thank Landmark Bank, Startac Construction and Northland Landscaping for funding the Mayor's Great Yard Award.

No comments: