About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Foreclosed Housing Sales

I am happy to report that 77 foreclosed homes have been sold in the City of Isanti from January through July. This is before the $552,000 in Neighborhood Stabilization Funds even hit the street. We have roughly a dozen properties currently going through the NSP program that makes tens of thousands of dollars available to purchase/remodel foreclosed homes. If interested in the program please let me know.

As the foreclosed homes are sold then the pace of sales of existing homes will increase and finally new homes will be built. a few non-foreclosed existing homes have been selling and a new house is being built as well in the City. We are steadily working our way through this housing crisis in a steady and methodical way to ensure a stable City for Generations to come.

No comments: