About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Senior dining

I was at a meeting with the amazing ladies that run Senior Dining and Meals on Wheels in Isanti this morning. I was saddened to hear that they have received zero donations this year. They normally receive $300 a year in private donations and stretch those dollars to the fullest. These extra dollars help cover the cost of meals for seniors that can not pay the already subsidized cost. I would like to make a personal plea that if anyone has even a few dollars to share with this needed program you contact me.

Seniors are going into uncharted waters the next two years. Their Social Security benefits are planned to remain flat. First time there has been a zero increase in over 30 years. This is difficult enough but there is also a planned Medicare increase that is taken out of the Social Security benefit so their actually money in hand will be less next year. Senior Dining is already a much needed program and I have tried to support them in anyway I can. This need will only grow in the years to come.

No comments: