About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

County EDA

We had a curious request from the County EDA (made up of the County Board and their appointees) recently.... They asked in the City of Isanti supported a brand new tax on County residents. There was no end goal for this EDA tax other then to accumulate money. They have asked the other cities as well I believe. We of course said there is no way we would support a new County tax.

The odd thing is I am not sure why this even got to this point. At least 3 of the 5 County Board members have professed in their recent elections that they are against any tax increases.

No comments: