About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

School District Frustration

I shared my frustration about the School District's continued appropriation of City facilities and their inability to take responsibility for it. We had the issue of our community members being kicked off courts for a school team that had never reserved the courts and we lately tried to deal with the District taking over a City parking lot for over flow parking without permission to name the latest two problems.

We met with the District and asked that we share the maintenance cost 50/50 - even though most of the wear and tear and damage is caused directly due to the District's use - and that the City be insured against District use. The District dismissed it out of hand. 

Perhaps the City keeps getting the shaft since not one single member of the School Board is from the City of Isanti. It is the Cambridge/Isanti School District without the Isanti part being represented. I hope this changes with the next election cycle and we get a great Candidate like Erika Zdon elected. 

No comments: