About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Couple Quick Things

The Council came around to my position and cancelled the Pedestrian Bridge project due to lack of funds. We had a good group at the Community Meeting tonight and had some good exchanges.... I will be writing much more about these tomorrow but wanted to delivery the Pedestrian Bridge news....

2 comments:

Jon said...

I don't know how you think this is a good thing? With no way to get back and forth between Isanti and East Isanti,it doesn't bode well for expansion. Good luck walking across hiway 65!

George said...

Well without the money promised for the bridge and the lack of local funds there was no money to fund this project. There are 3 major east/west connections....