About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bad Star Rising

Once again our friends at the Star have written another work of fiction. The factual issues start with the EDA budget. This is the first we have budgeted anything for the EDA. The story states that the budget was cut by $50,000. The proposed budget was cut by $20,000 leaving $30,000 in the budget. The next issue is the funding for the trail along 23. The $60,000 is sitting in a fund started last year. The $60,000 was not cut from the budget it was transferred from 2005 to 2006. This trail is a high priority for me and will be funded. Public works had no staff cut. They had one of 2 requested fulltime employees reduced to one fulltime and 2 part-time employees. Public works staff will increase by 1 fulltime and 2 part-time. The 7.8% increase was on a split vote. 3-2. Kennedy and myself voted against this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the least the papers NEED a proofreader!!