About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Squad Car

I have received several questions regarding the accident involving a City of Isanti Police Officer. I will be receiving a copy of the accident report soon. The accident occurred near the Elementary School building this past weekend. The Officer hit a partial opened gate. The Officer is fine but significant damage was done to the squad car. I will update after I have read the accident report.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would hope that people wouldn't rush to judgement until they have truly understood what happened. I realize that people make mistakes but public officials escpecially the police are always held to a higher standard. How about we concern ourselves with beautifying the city and cleaning up some of the neighborhoods that bring the community down.

George said...

This accident was just that, an accident. There are however facts that have to be fleshed out and corrected. I would be interested in the neighborhoods you are concerned about. That seems to be an interesting topic of discussion.

Anonymous said...

I think there are other points of interest that should be looked at that take priority over this matter. Take into account, most police officers drive several hundred miles per month and thousands of miles every year while on duty. A lot of those miles are with blaring sirens and flashing lights. Take into consideration the years of service this officer has with any prior accidents or driving complaints and you will see that the officer probably was not acting maliciously with intent to cause damage to city property. Be thankful that he/she was not injured. Squad cars are a tool of the trade and sometimes they get broke or damaged in the course of their duties.

George said...

I agree with the statements...and i have now gotten the full report and answers to all my questions. I am a big supporter of the Police Department. I defend their request...I am working to put the Police Officer request ahead of an admin position.

Anonymous said...

In this town, to wrap your car around a telephone pole, or do whatever ya want.. its who you are, or who your related too..