About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rum River Meadows Park Build

I would like to thank the dozens of volunteers who helped with the Rum River Meadows Park build. We each gave up a beautiful Saturday to create a playground for our children. This community build has two great benefits. The first benefit is the thousands of dollars the volunteer workers save the City of Isanti. This does put more pressure on city staff however. The Park and Public Works Departments did an excellent job preparing the site and finalizing the park build. The second benefit is the ownership felt by each volunteer as they constructed the equipment. This is one more example of the community spirit that thrives in Isanti. Again I thank all the volunteers and City Staff for the great work and dedication put into making this park a reality.

No comments: